8.03.2010

Wrong god, Right Thoughts: Muslims and Infertility

Pr. Philip Hoppe (St. Paul’s - Ellsworth, Kansas) comments as follows on an interesting story in Religion News, Infertile Muslim parents face tough choices, pressure:

It truly pains me when I read a story like this. First I am pained by reading about people following a god who does not exist. Especially knowing that they are likely following him out of fear of punishment rather than out of devotion. But secondly it pains me when I see these people being more thoughtful about reproductive choices than most who know the God who loves them first. This whole article borders on, if not crossing the border clearly, mocking those who who trust God with reproduction rather than trusting science.

Proverbs 28:26 Whoever trusts in his own mind is a fool, but he who walks in wisdom will be delivered.

No comments: